Sunday, September 8, 2013

Color of the week: pale blue toned green

My eyes are somewhere between hazel and olive green. I usually go either for neutral eye shadows or contrasting colors such as burgundy or red toned purple. I have this gorgeous pale green color that I haven't worn in over a year.

For the first look I decided to go for a more monochrome look on the eyelid and peachy pink on the cheeks and lips.

Here are the key products I used for the look

I started by putting a color correcting primer, some dewy foundation and corrector.

I then used that weird blue-green corrector from a discontinued Essence trio which is wayyyy too blue to be used as a corrector but was a great base for my eye shadows. I then used Make Up for Ever star powder in number 944 which MUFE describes as a white with  turquoise reflection, it's leaning very green though. I then used the turquoise color from a Red Earth trio limited edition from 2005! I used Smashbox emerald cream liner (taken from the palette) on the upper lid. I then used a forest green kohl that I smudged with a pencil brush with the star powder on top.

I used Essence silky touch blush in secret it girl and Essence XXL shine in papaya on the lips.

Here's the full look. (I don't know why I always open up one of my eyes bigger on pics but you can actually see the eye look quite well on that pic and my boyfriend in the back)



For my second look I decided to pair the green with a true purple and keep the lips and the cheeks nude.

Now for the products

I applied my foundation and corrector as usual.

I used Make Up for Ever star powder in number 944 all over the lids and in the inner corner of my eyes. I then used Inglot purple eyeshadow in number 944 on the crease. I then lined my eyes with sephora flashy liner in flashy purple. I smudged it under my eyes. I finished with mascara.

I then used Rimmel lip liner in east end snob all over the lips with Lancôme cream lipstick in love it. I finally put Lancôme blush subtil in miel glacé (color available only in Canada and USA).

Here's a close up on the eyes

And the full look

I actually quite enjoyed this color. I really enjoyed going through my stash and try to wear eye shadows that I have been neglecting. And as for my eyes color, I was worried for nothing it doesn't really change anything it stills look the same in between color!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Looking good, especially the second. I find pink/reddish tones hard to work with at times because it can look weird quickly but it just looks soft and romantic on you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I find that pinkish tones look good when they are either dark or very pale.

    ReplyDelete