Thursday, March 13, 2014

Get it while you still can: MAC pro eyeshadow in Aqua and bottle green

bottle green (l) and aqua (r)

I just heard that MAC is probably going to discontinue those two awesome shades. If you want to own any of those two shades they are still available as of today. Both of those eyeshadow are exclusive to MAC online and MAC pro store.


Aqua is a light aqua matte shade and they texture feels creamy and blendable. This eyeshadow might be slightly too creamy and the staying power is average. (But the color is so pretty and hard to find, especially in matte shade)

Bottle green feels a bit dryer to the touch but is more pigmented and has an awesome staying power. It also has a matte finish. What I really like about this shade it that it can look more grey or more green depending on how much you blend it.

wearing aqua with bottle green lightly applied on the crease and bottom lash line


wearing more bottle green, which makes the shade appear more teal and less gray

Overall I think those are quite pretty and unique shades. If you can only buy one, I would recommend bottle green. It looks lovely with gray, beige, blues, green and even better with antique gold shades. 

12 comments:

  1. You should! It's the right season for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of Aqua which surprises me! have to stp out my comfort zone I guess!

    Aimee - AroundTwenty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pinks and gold as well! I'm sure medium and tark teals would look lovely on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I even love how aqua looks on u.. For my Indian skin tone, I do not think it will go well.. I always stick to pinks, golds, & browns :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for sure. Mac has some nice greens I know you like greens. They also have some really nice plummy and burgundy shades. I think their autumn colors in general are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fair enough! I'd really only do that for colors I find super special or don't have and must have! Or... they're pretty and not expensive/on sale haha :')

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good price in dollars.. :) unfortunately when you convert it to euro's.. I'd probably hesitate.. unless I find a color that realllllllly amazes me ^^ have any like that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Belgium it's not so affordable unfortunately, but I go fairly regularly in Canada and in the US. Here it's 13 euros which is still quite affordable for shades you really want. I like palettes, but I also like the freedom of handpicking all my shades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The price recently dropped (yes, dropped!!) down to $10 each for the single eyeshadow pans. You can buy an empty quad from ELF for $1 that fits MAC eyeshadows really well if you don't have a palette to put it in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how much do they cost, btw? I like the aqua one, very pretty. But the single eyeshadows will probably be expensive... guess I'm more of a palette girl. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It depends what you're into. It's pretty hard to find a good matte pastel shade and I like muted colors like bottle green. It's a great way to wear color at work without being "too much"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not crazy about Aqua to be honest, it looks kinda blah to me. Bottle Green looks alright though, but I still don't think I'm going to rush to MAC to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete